Re-inventing myself is a lot harder than I ever imagined it to be! Yet, at 32, I have a chronic, incurable disease that includes, amongst other things, passing out due to extremely low blood pressure drops. That does not fit well with being a 911 call-taker/dispatcher. Although I fought it for a year and a half - I even came to work with IV fluids, a PICC line, a feeding tube, and sometimes all three or a combination of all three, by the middle of May, I'd had enough. More specifically, my body had had enough. Even though at that point I didn't have a diagnosis, I just couldn't do it anymore. After countless trips to Raleigh from Atlanta (7 hours one way) my Mom and I determined it would be best to get on short-term disability from work. As soon as that came thru, I moved back to the Atlanta area, this time in the north Georgia mountains. Even though a lot has changed - and I definitely miss North Carolina - I know I'm where I need to be right now.
So, back to the re-inventing part. All I have right now is time...and I'm pretty sure that's going to get old very quickly. I do have 6 books sitting on my nightstand that I could read, and plenty of cross stitch to keep me busy, probably for years. I'm thinking of doing a little writing, which will require some research. Fortunately, I enjoy research.
Other than that, I'm at a loss. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed working until I couldn't work anymore. Laying around watching TV got old very quickly!
I know that everything happens for a reason...sometimes I just wish I knew what that reason was! Of course, there are always the pluses - both my doctors are in Florida: Mayo JAX in Jacksonville (and very close to the beach), and the other in Pensacola (also near the beach and not far from some friends).
JAX Beach
No comments:
Post a Comment